There are many things you can do in addition to the treatment you are taking for fibromyalgia. It will take more effort but they are worth doing. These remedies will help with managing symptoms of fibromyalgia and improve quality of life:
- Reduce stress: Try to manage or limit stress. It will help reduce the symptoms of depression and anxiety that is associated with fibromyalgia
- Get good sleep: Fatigue is one symptom of fibromyalgia so getting enough sleep is important. In addition, sleep is an important factor in one’s health and is also related to emotional conditions like depression and anxiety.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise is a great thing to do. It will help increase stamina and is a great way of reducing stress. But, most importantly, it’s healthy. Exercising may be hard starting off, but you’ll see good progress as you continue.
- Pace yourself: Pacing yourself can have many benefits. It can reduce stress and help during days when your symptoms of fibromyalgia are worse. Know what you can and you can’t do.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Similar to exercise, a good diet a good thing to do. Eating healthy helps maintain health and strengthen the immune system. But, it doesn’t mean you can’t have your occasional sweets.