The cause of knee pain is extensive. There are many causes of knee pain and it can range from physical injury to diseases. Here are some causes of knee pain:
- Arthritis such as Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Gout, Pseudogout, Septic arthritis, Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- ACL injury
- Torn meniscus
- Knee bursitis
- Patellar tendinitis
- Baker cyst
- Osgood-Schlatter disease.
- Infection in the bones of the knee.
- Infection in the knee joint.
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Torn ligament
- Strain or sprain
In addition to these causes, there are certain things that one can do to make your knee condition or knee pain worse. Here are some things you should not do:
- Overuse (especially if you already experiencing knee pain)
- Bad posture and form when doing physical activity
- Not warming up or cooling down before or after physical activity
- Improperly stretching the muscles