Interested in “acupuncture for heart disease near me”? We have a solution for you. Our acupuncturists provide the best acupuncture for heart disease in Irvine.
Having any heart disease is not a small issue. There are a lot of people who are struggling with heart problems in the U.S. It was found in a survey done in 2018 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that 30.3 million U.S adults were diagnosed with heart disease. Although it’s not that large, heart disease is still the number one cause of death in the U.S. Knowing this, it’s very important to manage your heart condition well. If not treated properly, it can heavily influence your life.
How is heart disease treated?
Heart disease is usually treated with lifestyle changes like exercising, eating better, giving up smoking, and reducing the amount of drinking. In addition to lifestyle changes, your doctor might recommend some medication. But, there’s something that your physician might recommend you that has been seen as a good complementary treatment for heart disease. Your doctor might recommend acupuncture for heart disease.
What is acupuncture for heart disease?
Acupuncture is an Eastern medicine practice that has been used to treat health issues for thousands of years. In Eastern medicine, it is believed that one’s health is influenced by the body’s balance of life energy called qi. With an imbalance of the body’s qi, one can experience disease and health issues. Acupuncture resolves this by targeting acupuncture points called acupoints in the body with needles to restore the flow of qi. As a result, the body’s flow of qi is balanced and alleviates symptoms of diseases and promotes the body’s natural healing abilities.
Can acupuncture help with heart disease?
Yes, acupuncture for heart disease can help. Acupuncture is seen by the scientific community as a reasonable treatment for medical issues. It’s because there is more evidence popping up showing the efficacy and safety of acupuncture. For example, in a systematic review posted in ScienceDirect, it was found that acupuncture may be a viable alternative as a complementary therapy for cardiovascular disease (CVD). There was also a study done by the National Center for Biotechnology Information that found that acupuncture can be used to help with blood pressure. There are many more acupuncture can help with things like cholesterol and diabetes.
Although acupuncture is a good complementary treatment, it’s important to consult your doctor to see if acupuncture is a good treatment for your heart disease.
What can acupuncture do for your heart disease?
Acupuncture has many benefits that will help with the treatment of your heart disease. This is because, in addition to directly treating heart disease, acupuncture can help treat conditions that indirectly affect heart disease. Here are some benefits of acupuncture:
- Quitting Smoking: acupuncture can help with the process of quitting smoking
- Acupuncture for Diabetes: acupuncture can help manage sugar levels and help with diabetes which was found to increase your chance of heart disease
- Acupuncture for Blood Pressure: acupuncture can help manage blood pressure by either reducing or increasing it.
- Acupuncture for High Cholesterol: acupuncture can help reduce cholesterol which is the number one cause of heart problems
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss: acupuncture can help with the process of losing weight where an unhealthy body weight ( e.g obesity) can increase your chance of heart disease
- Acupuncture for Anxiety: acupuncture can help manage stress or the response of stress which is a factor in both high blood pressure and heart disease
- Sleep: acupuncture can help with getting quality sleep that can help improve one’s health condition
What to expect | Acupuncture for Heart Disease
Found us because you searched “acupuncture for heart disease near me”? You can make an appointment for your acupuncture for heart disease now and meet our certified acupuncturist. We also provide a free consultation. Get it now by calling: (949) 229-7498
Need to know what to expect from your treatment? Here are some things to expect.
When you come to your acupuncture appointment, you will meet your acupuncturist, Dr. Fu. If it is your first time, you’ll have to sign a few forms. Then you’ll go through a medical examination where you’ll do a check-up and be asked some questions. Your acupuncturist will use the medical examination to decide the optimal treatment for you. If it’s acupuncture, you’ll lay down and your acupuncturist will proceed to insert needles into your skin. You’ll relax for about 30 minutes and then your acupuncturist will remove the needles. You’ll be asked how you feel and after you’ll schedule the next series of appointments. After multiple sessions, you’ll start to feel the effects of acupuncture healing your body.
What does Acupuncture feel like?
You might think it’s uncomfortable with acupuncture needles but it’s the opposite. Acupuncture needles barely pass a thin layer of skin and the needles themselves are super thin. Instead of discomfort, acupuncture feels relaxing and alleviating. It’s so relaxing that some patients fall asleep during the 30 minutes. If you do feel any discomfort, please tell your acupuncturist and they’ll happily adjust the needles.
How to prepare for your acupuncture appointment?
Before you come to your appointment, there are some things you can do to help with the procedure. Here are some things you can do:
- Bring a copy of your medical history / Know your medical history
- Wear comfortable and loose clothes for the treatment ( typically an hour or 1 hour and a half if it’s your first session)
- Refrain from drinking too much coffee (caffeine)
- Eat beforehand ( helps with hunger and low blood pressure)
How to prevent heart disease?
Although there are some heart diseases that can’t be prevented, there are some that are preventable. With those you can influence, here are some things you can do to be healthy and reduce the chance of heart disease:
- Quit smoking
- Control health conditions like high blood pressure (hypertension), high cholesterol (hyperlipidemia) and diabetes
- Exercise frequently / Reduce inactivity
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet: Reduce fatty and high salt food
- Maintain a healthy body weight (BMI)
- Reduce and manage stress
- Practice good hygiene
Heart disease Complications
If one’s heart disease is not managed well, there are some complications that can come with it. Here are some complications that one can face:
- Heart failure
- Heart attack
- Peripheral artery disease
- Heart Attack (Sudden cardiac arrest)
Who is at risk of heart disease?
Heart disease can happen to anyone but there are some people who are more at risk. Here are some conditions that can increase your chances of getting heart disease or making it worse:
- Age: As you get older, you face greater risk in getting heart disease
- Sex: Men have a greater risk of heart disease
- Family history / Genes
- Certain chemotherapy drugs and radiation therapy for cancer
- Unhealthy diet
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood cholesterol levels (hyperlipidemia)
- Not exercising
- Poor hygiene
Heart Disease symptoms
There are different types of heart disease so some symptoms might not be the same for the specific heart condition you have. However, here are the most common symptoms of heart disease:
- Chest pain (angina)
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
Struggling with heart disease? We can help you. Contact us and meet our well-regarded acupuncturist. They provide the best acupuncture for heart disease in Irvine. Schedule your appointment now by calling: (949) 229-7498